Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Broke and Bookish. This week’s theme is top ten Thanksgiving freebie – so I’ll be doing books that I am thankful for. There are different reasons behind all of these, so I am just going to put these out there.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Won’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain – I’m thankful for this book because it helped me learn and understand myself more. I will never forget it’s message and I am constantly rereading this one!
- A Work in Progress by Connor Franta – I’m thankful for this book because it showed me a new type of lifestyle that I am not very familiar with, but really made me feel for Connor and understand his very inspiring life story.
- The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert – I’m thankful for this book because it woke me up to some bigger issues on our planet and made me think about things like conservation and sustainability.
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman – I’m thankful for this book because of the journey that both characters go through during this story and how much it helped me at a difficult point.
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales – I’m thankful for this book because it’s one of my favorites that I would not have found without book blogging (and now has pretty much a permanent spot on every TTT list I make!).
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown – I’m thankful for this book because it explored a lot of deep issues and I felt a very scary personal connection to it. It really helped me think more about what I do and spreading kindness.
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman – I’m thankful for this book because it showed me that anything can happen in one day and helped me push outside of my comfort zone.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett – I’m thankful for this book for being such a wonderful example of feminism and its quotes continue to inspire me.
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan – I’m thankful for this book because of its quotes about falling and trying to understand life.
- The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales – I’m thankful for this book for helping me start to find a path in life and realize what being a part of this new generation really means, both good and bad.
What books are you thankful for right now?