Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Broke and Bookish. This week’s theme is top ten book quotes from books I have read over the past year or so. I don’t typically underline quotes or make notes about this type of thing while reading, so I had some fun looking back at what I’ve read and remember about each of these books.
- Goodbye, I say, goodbye, as I disappear little by little into the middle of the middle of my own spectacular now.” – The Spectacular Now, Tim Tharp
- “It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.” – Paper Towns, John Green
- “Sunsets are the photography equivalent of people telling you what they dreamt” – You Deserve a Drink, Mamrie Hart
- “Happily ever after just gets sidetracked sometimes.” – Just Like the Movies, Kelly Fiore
- “It sucks to lose your best friend, even if only to distance. Even when it isn’t really losing her at all.” – Everything Leads to You, Nina LaCour
- “maybe tonight you’re scared of falling, and maybe there’s somebody here or somewhere else you’re thinking about, worrying over, fretting over, trying to figure out if you want to fall, or how and when you’re gonna land, and i gotta tell you, friends, to stop thinking about the landing, because it’s all about falling.” – Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green
- “But still, I find the need to remind myself of the temporariness of a day, to reassure myself that I got through yesterday, I’ll get through today.” – Where She Went, Gayle Forman
- “Friendship is something in the soul. It is a thing one feels. It is not a return for something.” – The Heart of the Matter, Graham Greene
- “When you have one foot in the future and the other in the past, you piss on the present.” – 10% Happier, Dan Harris
- ““Sometimes there is such beauty in awkwardness.” – Between Shades of Grey, Ruta Setepys
What are some of your favorite quotes?