Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Broke and Bookish. This week’s theme is to suggest books based on a popular author/genre/book. I chose Sarah Dessen because many people love her type of writing and she is one of the pillars of the YA community, especially the YA contemporary genre. I think most of these books are comparable to her style, but no one can beat Dessen 🙂 The main themes I was comparing here were romance, quirky main characters, great friendships, and some fun side activity.
- The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
- Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
- The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
- Shrinking Violet by Danielle Joseph
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Any additions to this list? What is your favorite Sarah Dessen novel and why?