Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Broke and Bookish. This week’s theme is top ten books that we’d like to see as movies or tv shows!
- 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad – This would be a really freaky horror movie, which I’m typically not a fan of, but I would probably go to see this one especially.
- White Space by Ilsa J Bick – I’m thinking along the lines of Inception with this one. Nothing really makes sense and it’s very abstract.
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – Spacey sci-fis are making a comeback and this would be a really good one! The sequel would work well too.
- Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman – I LOVE historical fiction movies and this is a very interesting take on the WW2 time period.
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan – Christmas movies are so cute, and this could make another edition to the classic Christmas line up.
- Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen – Another historical fiction and this could work well with the Gatsby revival happening.
- Heads in Beds by Jacob Tomsky – This is a nonfiction book, but it could go something along the lines of Pitch Perfect. A comedy about hotel staff? Yes please!
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu – I wasn’t a fan of the book, but on screen, everything would probably come to life in a nice way. It would probably be more impactful too.
- Don Quijote by Miquel de Cervantes – I recently read this, half in Spanish and half in English, and I had so much fun with all the jokes and DQ’s general insanity. It could be a funny comedy on screen too!
- The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving by Jonathan Evison – This has already been filmed, but I’m counting it anyway. As I read this, I was just thinking about what a cute indie film this could be.
What books do you think would make interesting movies? I had a lot of fun with this topic and dreaming up movies!