The 2015 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon is hosted by the amazing Alexa Loves Books! For the next two days, there will be plenty of fun posts going up on my blog, Twitter chats, and activities to help spread the love around the book blogging community. To kick off this weekend, we were all given a questionnaire to answer on our blog so y’all can get to know us a little bit better. Let’s get started!
1. What’s your name?
My name is Katherine. I actually really like my name too, so that’s cool!
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I’m blogging from Kentucky, USA!
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I started blogging two-three years ago on another blog (the dark ages…). After a while, I got kind of bored with it and stopped that one. A little bit later, I found a whole book blogging community that I hadn’t joined the first time, so I made another blog and started to get more involved. That’s definitely the way to go!
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
My blog name, Neon Yeti Reads, comes from my favorite color (all things neon) and my favorite animal (yeti). I think it’s a pretty fun name too.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
Young Adult, but within that, probably contemporary. Recently, I’ve been branching out into fantasy and classics a little bit more than in 2014 though.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I do Top Ten Tuesday posts, discussions, wrap ups, TBRs, and plenty of posts from readathons that I participate in.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
Probably all the readathons I’ve been able to join over the years. From the Booktube-a-thon, where I’ve been reading 7 books during that week for the past two years, to all the Bout of Books (I was even a challenge host once!). They’ve really helped me stay excited about reading and cut down my TBR.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
I really love the supportiveness and how everyone is super excited about books. I recently attended one of my first author visits and the excitement around books was similar to the way I feel about blogging. I love posting something and people commenting about what they thought or other suggestions for me.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas – even though I haven’t read Throne of Glass yet. But I’ll get to it sometime.
- Winter by Marissa Meyer. Really excited to see how it wraps up!
- Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins. Rebel Belle was great!
- PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han because TATBILB was one of my favorites of last year.
- Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver. I will read anything she writes.
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
I’m going with my number one favorite book of last year – This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. It was a beautiful book that I love seeing other people read.
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Good question! Probably Julia from Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill. This is mostly because my real life best friend and I read this book together, and she said that the main character really connected with her. Julia is really realistic too!
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I’m a dancer. I’m currently a student, studying so I can become a translator. I love shopping, particularly on Etsy. And I have a pretty extensive candle collection.
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
I love candles (as you can see above), anything on Etsy (particularly bookmarks and personalized phone cases), Vera Bradley (I could spend all my money in that store. Thankfully, I don’t), travel suitcases/luggage, and sundresses.
14.At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
This is my jam.
15.Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
Okay so…I really want a movie of 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad, although I would probably be too scared to see it. Maybe it would be okay since I read the book…but I don’t care, I need it. As for a film/TV show to book, probably Scandal. It would be a great thriller!
Those are my answers! How did you answer these? Are you participating in the Love-a-thon?