Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Broke and Bookish. This week, I’ll be talking about my top ten bookish goals for 2015.
- Catch up on series! I have so many series I have one, two, or more books left. Some of the stories I just don’t want to end, but I also hate having them on my bookshelf. My goal is to finish all the series I am halfway through as of the end of 2014.
- Read more classics. My goal is to read at least 9, but 12 (one a month) would be even better.
- Read more nonfiction. Some of the nonfiction books I have read are my favorite, most life changing books I have ever read. They are always interesting and finding a good one is a treasure.
- Get around to review copies. I always push these off until the last minute or just never read them. My goal is to read them as soon as I am approved.
- Buy an actual bookshelf. Right now, I use some cardboard boxes I repurposed for this use. As my collection has grown, I need some more space and an actual nice place to put them!
- Write more! This isn’t a reading goal, but I would like to write. I’m not a huge fan of writing books, because the style doesn’t work for me, but I do enjoy writing short stories, plays, and other types of scripts.
- Venture outside of YA contemporary. Because I love contemporary, but I need to read some more of other genres.
- Read more debut authors. I thought I did pretty well with this in 2014, but I only read 4. I definitely want to show some more new authors the love though!
- Watch more movies. Technically, not bookish, but book to movie adaptions? Right? Anyway, I would love to watch more films from different genres, especially some classics.
- Go self hosted on my blog. I really want to stay up to date with blogging, as I have been working on this year, but becoming self hosted or possibly redoing the blog’s look is something I’ve been considering.
Those are all my bookish goals! Of course, I have some personal goals too. I really love making New Year’s resolutions and goals. If you want to see some of the challenges I’ll be participating in and my progress throughout the year, you can check out that post here.
What are your bookish goals?