I was tagged by The Book Tower to do the book blogging test! I thought it looked like fun, so I decided to it! There are just some questions to answer and at the end, I’ll be tagging three more people to do this as well.
1. What are your top three book pet hates?
- Mary Sue characters
- Annoying abbreviations (like propo in Mockingjay)
- Series that could have easily been just one book
2. Describe your perfect reading spot.
I really like just reading in my chair with tons of pillows and some good music. Rain is always nice too! And some apple flavored drink…
3. Tell us three book confessions.
- I don’t really care if my series have matching covers/formats.
- I really like buying books but I don’t do it very often.
- If there is a new release, I’ll typically wait until I can buy multiple new releases at once instead of getting one each on their release day.
4. When was the last time you cried during a book?
I think it was This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. That book kept me up reading until really late in the night and I was crying but it was awesome!
5. How many books are on your bedside table?
At the moment, just my Kindle and a little book of quotes I got from an English-inspired store. It’s a bunch of quotes from British politicians/authors/other important people.
6. What is your favourite snack while you’re reading?
I don’t really like eating anything while reading, except for maybe some type of drink that preferably has apple in it. But if I’m reading school stuff/nonfiction, I’ll typically like Twizzlers. I go through those huge tubs so quickly during finals week!
7. Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
8. Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase.
Okay, I only have like three shelves…but I guess this is my favourite of the three:
It’s got some of my favorite series. I haven’t read some of the books on there, but I just like the way the series look together. My only shelf like that has all my Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus books, which would look cool, but I’ve read them all so many times that the spines are all disgusting and cracked.
9. Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
So very much (I think this is just like the standard response haha)
10. What is your biggest reading secret?
I really like acting out scenes if I’m not understanding them. And I skip parts if I’m just not feeling it or really long sections with no dialogue.
There it is, all of my answers and now it’s time to tag some people. I’m going to tag For the Love of the Page, A Flurry of Ponderings, and Pink Polka Dot Books!